zaterdag 12 mei 2012

Je t'aime Paris

This cake I made for a 18 year old birthday girl. She's celebrating today and her mother asked me to make a cake as a surprise. Inge, her daughter, loves vintage and pastel.
So I suggested to do a cake with a charmed necklace. She loved the idea and was sure her daughter would love it as well.

I have made a few cakes with it, but I still love a pearl necklace on a cake. 
The colours of my scrapbook that I made a few weeks ago, off-white, white, vintage pink and silver, looked so pretty together and I chose to use this combination. 

The Eiffel tower mold I have had for a while and didn't find the right moment to use it. Now I did!
I painted it in a antique silver. A big challenge was to mix the colour of the ribbon. I love that colour and it would be perfect for the bows. The doilies are a big favorite and had to be on the cake as well.


The mother just picked up the cake and loved it! Happy me :) 




Have a great weekend!








Best Blogger Tips

8 opmerkingen:

  1. Hello! I just want to say how I admire your artwork... All your cakes are awesome- especially I love colours and elegant vintage style.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you very much! It's always nice to hear something like this :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. heel mooi! ik geef ook een 'parijs'-feestje voor mn verjaardag! dus deze cake is een grote inspiratie :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hallo Robin Sue,

    dank je wel! Ja, zo'n feestje lijkt mij ook erg leuk om eens te doen. Zet je de foto's op jouw blog? Ben heel benieuwd!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Oh wauw! Dit is echt te mooi! Dit zou goed een perfecte B-day taart voor mij kunnen zijn, ik ben echt zo gék op Parijs. :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Hoi Kimberley,

    Dank je wel! Me too.. :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Gorgeous! Did you use an electronic gumpaste-cutting machine to make the doily design?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Thank you!

    No, it's a cutter I've used and eyelet cutters for the holes.
    You can search for doily cutter on google, it's from FMM I believe.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Hartelijk dank voor de reactie!
Ik lees ze altijd en ben er ontzettend blij mee! Bij een vraag zal ik sowieso altijd reageren.

Groetjes,

Nadine